Pteranodon sternbergi sketch by Mark “Crash” McCreery for The Lost World. No longer considered by some to be a pteranodon species at all, but a separate genus known as Geosternbergia, this pterosaur is identified by its short, upright crest rather than the long, backward pointing crest usually associated with pteranodons (such as those seen in Jurassic Park III).
The story for The Lost World originally called for the flying reptiles to play a larger role, attacking the escaping helicopter at the end of the movie. Instead, the scene was scrapped in favor of the San Diego sequence, but the pteranodon does make a brief cameo appearence at the very end of the film.
- daniel-gay-lewis reblogged this from 0neblazeofglory
- drogonkhaleesisking reblogged this from 0neblazeofglory
- 0neblazeofglory reblogged this from jurassiraptor
- esho84 reblogged this from jurassiraptor
- koda-the-kobold reblogged this from jurassiraptor
- dinodivebomb reblogged this from jurassiraptor
- raptorxthedinosaur reblogged this from dinosaursandotherawesomestuff
- dinosaursandotherawesomestuff reblogged this from jurassiraptor
- dinosaursandotherawesomestuff likes this
- callofnatur3 likes this
- imadinorawrrwar likes this
- crawlywhat reblogged this from jurassiraptor
- hatondiscat likes this
- jurassiraptor posted this